Marriage Conference with John & Nancy Ortberg
When: August 10th
Where: Golden Gate Club in the Presidio
So far in our Year of Authentic Community, we have focused on the inner healing and capacities necessary for us to have emotionally healthy relationships. And for those of us who are married, our marriages are the most important place to pursue relational healing and wholeness. That’s why in August, we’ll spend three Sundays teaching on marriage — and additionally, on Saturday, August 10th, we will host a special Marriage Conference for all married and engaged couples at the beautiful Golden Gate Club in the Presidio. With John and Nancy Ortberg* as our guest speakers, we’ll spend the day reflecting on God’s design and purpose for intimacy in marriage, how our souls connect, and how we relate to one another as one in Christ.
Participating couples can expect three teaching sessions with John and Nancy, interspersed with small-group discussions. And following lunch, there will be a Q&A when John and Nancy will respond to any questions you might have. We look forward to this time to connect with one another and learn from a seasoned married couple with a lot of spiritual wisdom.
- Saturday, August 10th
- 9:30AM – 4:30PM
- Golden Gate Club in the Presidio (135 Fisher Loop, San Francisco)
- Cost: $110 per person or $220 per couple (covers the cost of venue, catering, materials, as well as other conference fees)
- Registration Link
- Coffee/tea, snacks, refreshments, and lunch will be served
- Childcare: There will be no childcare for this event; however, Reality SF is willing to cover half the cost for your childcare. Our reimbursement rates for childcare are $15/hour for one child and $20/hour for two or more children. If you are interested in childcare reimbursement, please hire your own babysitter and notify us in your registration.
- Scholarships & Partnerships: We want to make this conference accessible to all married and engaged couples in our church, regardless of personal income. If you are unable to cover the costs of the conference, please email Marriage & Family Pastor Kevin Cooke (firstname.lastname@example.org), and he will help secure an anonymous sponsor. (And if you would like to sponsor someone in our church anonymously, please notify us in your registration.)
* About John & Nancy Ortberg
John Ortberg is the Senior Pastor of Menlo Church, a multi-campus congregation in the South Bay. John’s teaching centers around how faith in Christ can impact our everyday lives with God; he has written many books on spiritual formation including, The Life You’ve Always Wanted, Who is This Man?, The Me I Want To Be, Soul Keeping, All The Places To Go, and most recently, I’d Like You More If You Were More Like Me.
Nancy Ortberg served as a teaching pastor for eight years at Willow Creek Community Church in South Barrington, Illinois, and is currently the CEO of Transforming the Bay with Christ (TBC), a non-profit organization working to catalyze a holistic Gospel movement in the San Francisco Bay Area. She is the author of Looking for God: An Unexpected Journey Through Tattoos, Tofu, & Pronouns and Unleashing the Power of Rubber Bands: Lessons in Non-linear Leadership.