Board of Directors
As a 501c3 non-profit organization incorporated in the State of California, Reality SF is accountable to the state and the Reality SF Board of Directors, who ensures that all business and financial matters in the church are handled biblically, legally, and in accordance with its bylaws with integrity and transparency.
Board of Directors
The current members of the Board of Directors are made up of two Reality SF elders, three RSF church congregants, and two Reality Carpinteria elders. They are:
- Dave Lomas (RSF Elder and Board President)
- Tarik El-Ansary (RSF Elder and Board Secretary)
- Lija Farnham (RSF Congregant)
- Scott Hale (RSF Congregant)
- Ryon Paton (RSF Congregant)
- Tyler Morgan (Reality Carpinteria Elder)
- Britt Merrick (Reality Carpinteria Elder)
Duties of the Board of Directors
a. To continually seek the Lord for wisdom as it pertains to the fiscal life of Reality SF, “taking precaution that no one should discredit us in our administration… for we have regard for what is honorable, not only in the sight of the Lord, but also in the sight of men” (2 Corinthians 8:20-21).
b. That the Governing Elders and staff would have daily insight from the Lord for stewardship over church funds.
c. That the Lord would be glorified in our spending.
d. That the Kingdom of Christ would be primary in our motivation for spending.
2. Review and Accountability
a. To regularly review and evaluate the spending habits of the staff of Reality SF.
b. To advise, admonish, rebuke, correct, and/or encourage the Governing Elders concerning their spending habits.
3. Salaries, Benefits, and Other Compensation
a. The Finance Team, consisting of at least three Governing Elders and the President of the Board, will approve the salaries of each employee, and the Board will review and provide accountability and oversight concerning employee salaries.
b. The Board of Directors will review and provide accountability and oversight concerning benefit packages and other compensation for all employees.
c. Reviews of salaries, benefits, and other compensation shall be determined without input from the employee who is the subject of the review. The employee in question may not be present during any related discussion or decision-making.
a. The yearly fiscal plan shall be prepared by the Finance Team and reviewed by the Board of Directors and the board shall advise, admonish, rebuke, correct, and/ or encourage the Finance Team regarding the plan.
1. The Board of Directors shall seek the Lord’s guidance and blessings through prayer to the end that Reality SF functions with both Biblical and legal integrity.
2. The Board of Directors is responsible for seeing that Reality SF functions according to and abides by laws governing California Religious Non-Profit Corporations, as further set forth in these bylaws.
3. The Board will have oversight and responsibility for any and all Reality SF leases and/or real estate acquisitions.
If you have any questions about our Board of Directors, please email our Administration & Finance Minister, Tarik El-Ansary at email@example.com.