2019 Men’s Retreat
Mission Springs Conference Center
As church men’s retreats go, we’re aware of the common list of expectations: passively “going to church” multiple times; eating camp food and sleeping in stuffy cabins with people you don’t know; and ample amounts of testosterone often manifested in intense sports, highly competitive games, and other feats of strength.
Rest assured, that will not be the purpose of the 2019 RSF Men’s Retreat!
Our mission will be to help men become enchanted by their identity as beloved sons of God and captivated by their calling from Jesus — so that they may be empowered to steward power generously, release burdens and pains authentically, and steer courageously toward building a legacy that outlives them. We’ll pursue this mission together through exploring what drives us as men, finding our roles in God’s story, identifying our personal core values of integrity, and releasing our burdens and pains through tactile exercises.
Every man will actively participate in this journey of teaching sessions, workshops, exercises, and reflection times. Some parts of the weekend may feel uncomfortable, awkward, or even painful, but we believe God will use the whole of it to transform us forever. (That being said, there will also be free time for fun, relaxing, and enjoying God’s creation!) All men in our church are encouraged to participate in this retreat. There is something wonderful there for all of us if we’re willing to take the plunge.
Al Abdulla, Founder and Lead Pastor of Reality Boston, will lead us through this weekend. He took a group of men from his church through this experience last year, and it launched a community of men who still share their lives and intentionally build one another up in Christ. (You can listen to Al’s most recent teachings at RSF here and watch the video below to hear him share about his vision for the retreat.)
- Mission Springs Conference Center (map below)
- Starts: October 25th — Check-in starts at 3PM, and first session begins at 7:30PM (All men are strongly encouraged to arrive in time for first session, as it’s crucial for setup of retreat.)
- Ends: Sunday, October 27th — Final session ends at 12:30PM, followed by lunch and checkout by 2PM.
- We have many men in our church who are desiring to attend this retreat, but are unable to due to finances. If you would like to donate towards their attendance, you may do so in your registration.
Frequently Asked Questions
- How do I get to Mission Springs Retreat Center?
- See map below
- What activities will be available during free time?
- Is RSF organizing a carpool?
- We will not organize an official carpool. However, if you are looking for a ride or are able to provide one, please utilize this spreadsheet to help connect with others.
- Are children allowed?
- Can you accommodate dietary restrictions?
- Yes, please list your dietary restrictions in the registration form.
- What should I bring?
- Whatever you’d bring for a weekend trip, but linens and towels will be provided!
- Can I choose my roommate?
- Yes, list him in your registration and we will do our best to accommodate!
- I’d like to give toward a scholarship fund to help others attend this retreat. How can I do that?
- There are two ways you can do this: if you are personally attending the retreat, you can select a donation amount in the registration form; or, if you are not attending, you can donate toward the scholarship fund here.