Belong: 2019 RSF Women’s Retreat
As humans, we have been uniquely created to live in relationship with one another. God has built in us a desire and yearning to belong; to feel like we have a seat at the table and a voice that is being heard. We long to see and know that our differences, gifts, talents, and passions have a purpose and a place. As a community and as women, we want to explore what it means to belong to God, with each other, in our city.
Our vision and hope for this year’s retreat, entitled “Belong,” is to embody our Year of Authentic Community by spending time worshipping, praying, and learning together.
We will gather together to hear from Ruthie Kim, our lead speaker for the weekend, as well as a group of panelists made up of various women from the RSF community. To lead us in worship will be Faith Dunsterville from Garden Church in Long Beach, along with a full, all-female band. There will also be times for women to connect more deeply in smaller groups and more informally through fun, optional activities.
We want to encourage and invite all the women in our church to join us for this amazing weekend!
- Mount Hermon (map below)
- Starts: November 8th — Check-in starts at 3PM, and first session begins at 7:30PM
- Ends: Sunday, November 10th — Final session ends at 12:30PM, followed by lunch and checkout by 2PM.
- Cost: Early bird of $260; goes up to $275 on October 29th (We don’t want finances to be an obstacle for anyone to participate; to inquire about scholarships, please fill out this form or email email@example.com with any questions. Scholarship request forms are due October 29th.)
- Register here
Frequently Asked Questions
- I’d like to give toward a scholarship fund to help others attend this retreat. How can I do that?
- There are two ways you can do this: if you are personally attending the retreat, you can select a donation amount in the registration form; or, if you are not attending, you can donate toward the scholarship fund here.
- How do I get to Mount Hermon?
- See map below.
- Is RSF organizing a carpool?
- We will not organize an official carpool. However, if you are looking for a ride or are able to provide one, please utilize this spreadsheet to help connect with others.
- Are children allowed?
- Nursing infants only.
- Can you accommodate dietary restrictions?
- Yes, please list your dietary restrictions in the registration form.
- What should I bring?
- Whatever you’d bring for a weekend trip, but linens and towels will be provided!
- Can I choose my roommate?
- Yes, list her in your registration and we will do our best to accommodate your request!
Other Current Events
Check out these other events happening soon!
Writers Wanted for RSF Creative Project
If you enjoy writing articles, blog posts, essays, stories, poems, etc. — and you have an experience or story you’d like to share about engaging in our community or following Jesus in San Francisco — submit this form to be involved by October 19th.
2019 Men’s Retreat
October 25-27: Our mission will be to help RSF men become enchanted by their identity as beloved sons of God and captivated by their calling from Jesus — so that they may be empowered to steward power generously, release burdens and pains authentically, and steer courageously toward building a legacy that outlives them.