This Is Reality
seeking renewal in our city.
It is our desire to see the Gospel of Jesus
transform our city into something even greater than it is.
We are a community of people who have been transformed by the Gospel of Jesus and have devoted our lives to following Him. It is our aim to communicate the unchanging truth of the person and work of Jesus in a way that everyone in our city can understand.
The dream of Reality San Francisco began in 2007 when Dave Lomas and his wife Ashley moved from Bakersfield to Carpinteria to begin the process of planting in the Reality Family of Churches. Two years later, they moved to SF with a core team of 13 people.
Our initial prayer meetings in Hayes Valley were full of dependence upon God and anticipation of what He might want to do. Public gatherings began at the Swedish American Hall in the Castro on January 10, 2010. Due to rapid (and unexpected) growth, we eventually hosted four services there before moving to Everett Middle School in 2014. Currently, over 90 Community Groups meet during the week throughout the Bay Area. God has been so kind to our church community, and we love being a part of what He’s doing here in San Francisco.
Our Family of Churches
Reality SF is part of a family of churches held closely together through relationship, a shared philosophy of ministry, and a deep commitment to the Gospel of Jesus. For more information on other Reality churches, click on each below:
Our Mission & Vision
The mission of our church seeks to answer the question, “Why do we exist?” And it’s the same as what the Church’s mission has been for over 2,000 years:
“Go and make disciples of all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit, and teaching them to obey everything I have commanded you. And surely I am with you always, to the very end of the age.”Jesus in Matthew 28:19-20
Our Mission Statement
To make disciples of all nations, teaching them to obey everything Jesus has commanded.
Our vision statement seeks to answer the question, “What will the future look like if we fulfill our mission?” It will look like, “A community following Jesus, seeking renewal in our city” — which, we believe, is actually possible. More on what it means to follow Jesus here. And more on how we experience transformation here.
Our Vision Statement
A community following Jesus,
seeking renewal in our city.
Our Shared Beliefs
- IN ONE GOD, eternally existing in three persons: Father, Son, and Holy Spirit.
- IN SALVATION: that all are justified on the single ground of faith in the shed blood of Christ, because all have sinned and fallen short of God’s glory, and that only by God’s grace through faith are we saved.
- IN THE RESURRECTION of both the saved and the lost, and that heaven and hell are real places.
- IN THE CHURCH and the spiritual unity of the believers in our Lord Jesus Christ.
- IN THE SPIRIT’S activity in gifting the Church to accomplish Christ’s purposes in the world.
- IN LOVE: that we as Christians are examples of the love of God in this world. It is this love that we desire to possess and without which we have no right to call ourselves Christians.
- IN CREATION: that God created all things for His glory and that men and women were created in the image of God.
- IN SCRIPTURE: that the Bible is a library of writings that are both divine and human, that together tell a unified story, which leads us to Jesus.
- IN CHRIST’S RETURN to one day establish His Kingdom on Earth as it is in Heaven.
1325 Valencia St.
San Francisco, CA 94110
Monday to Thursday
9AM – 5PM
By Appointment Only
Open to the Public
Sundays: 9AM – 4PM
Monday to Thursday: 9AM – 5PM
The best way for anyone to get involved in our community and to connect with ministry staff is to fill out the Card.
Fill Out the Card