The Story & Way of Jesus: Becoming a Healing Community (10.04.21)
Processing and responding to the Sunday sermon
After the group welcomes one another, have one person open in prayer and then take 2-3 minutes of silence. As you sit in silence, ask the Holy Spirit to open your heart in love toward God and your group mates.
A Healing Community
On Sunday, Al Abdullah preached from Mark 2:1-12 about relaxing into Jesus’ authority.
By relaxing into the authority of Jesus, we discover and engage a healing community, a bulletproof identity, and a prayerful expectancy.
This week’s guide will provide space to dig in further, prayerfully process, and then discuss the sermon.
Reflection and Discussion
Read aloud Mark 2:1-12, and then prayerfully and silently reflect on the passage and these questions.
- Who is God revealed to be in this Gospel story? Where in your life are you longing to interact with God in this way?
- What’s the healing you want Jesus to do in your life?
- What might get in the way of you relaxing into Jesus’ authority?
After silently reflecting, take these thoughts into a time of group discussion.
- How would this group hope to become more of a healing community?
- What is the healing individuals in this group would like Jesus to do? Share vulnerably, listen to one another with compassion, and pray for one another.
Pray for your group, our church, our city, and our world.