The Authority of Jesus (01.10.22)
Processing and responding to the Sunday sermon
After the group welcomes one another, have one person open in prayer and then take 2-3 minutes of silence. As you sit in silence, ask the Holy Spirit to open your heart in love toward God and your group mates.
The Authority of Jesus
On Sunday, one of our Elders, Drew, preached on the authority of Jesus in Mark 5:21-43.
Examining the passage, Drew highlighted three movements around the theme of Christ’s authority: Authority Acknowledged, Authority Abridged, and Authority Aligned.
When the authority of Jesus is acknowledged and not abridged, we find an opportunity to align to his will.
Reflection and Discussion
Read Mark 5:21-43 and then prayerfully and silently reflect on the passage and these questions.
- Examining your life, how does it acknowledge the authority of Jesus?
- In what ways might you abridge or decrease the authority of Jesus?
- What are the opportunities you believe God is highlighting for you to align with Jesus’ authority?
After silently reflecting, take these thoughts into a time of group discussion.
- How do you see Jesus’ authority at play in Mark 5:21-43?
- In what ways are you invited to align with the authority of Jesus?
Pray for your group, our church, our city, and our world.