Reality SF is a community following Jesus, seeking renewal in our city. We are committed to doing this by being with Jesus, becoming like Jesus, and doing what Jesus did. We are looking for a Communications Coordinator who is excited to support our staff and community through clear and encouraging communication strategies.
The Communications Coordinator will oversee, maintain, and support our current communication channels and strategies. This individual will be responsible for a variety of duties including managing our social media channels, writing copy for our newsletter, preparing slides for Sundays, and assisting the Communications Director in additional tasks and projects.
- Develop new social media strategies and then plan, implement, and maintain – including creating unique copy and content for upcoming events, series, campaigns, etc.
- Participate in preparation for our Sunday services by creating slides, scripting our announcements, scheduling volunteer and staff communicators, and meeting with staff members on a weekly basis to discuss our Sunday needs.
- Posting our weekly teaching audio to our podcast channels and website, and occasionally editing additional audio on an as-needed basis.
- Planning, creating, copywriting, and editing our weekly newsletter.
- Editing and creating various posts for our website, such as the weekly Fasting & Prayer Focus.
- Work with the Communications Director to recruit and maintain relationships with our Volunteer Photography Team – including anticipating photo needs and scheduling, communicating with, and supporting team members.
- Assisting the Communications Director with other special requests and projects.
- Weekly staff meetings and other opportunities that are available to all staff.
Skills & Experience Preferred:
- A team player who enjoys collaborating and supporting others in their goals.
- Able to anticipate needs and stay organized while juggling multiple projects and timelines at once.
- Experience in copywriting, can clearly and creatively communicate through the written word.
- Knowledge of strategic implementation of communication through social media platforms – particularly Instagram, Twitter, and Facebook.
- Knowledge of programs including: Adobe Suite, Mailchimp, WordPress, Basecamp, ProPresenter, Slack, and the social media scheduling app “Later.”
This is a full-time position with benefits (medical/dental/vision) and paid time off. To apply, please submit a cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.