Community Mixtape: Slowing Down in Community (10.21.19)
Opening Prayer of Examen
Shifting your focus to today’s time of seeking God and practicing the way of Jesus, spend 5-10 minutes prayerfully examining your own heart and feelings on the following:
- Jesus, will you help me examine the pace of my life? How does my life speed affect my community?
- Jesus, in what specific ways are you calling me to an unhurried life?
- Jesus, what do you have in store for me and my community through taking on an unhurried pace? What will that look like?
After reflecting and praying, allow room for a few people in your group to share anything that stood out or surprised them about their time of prayer.
Respond to Sunday’s Teaching
Reflect on this Sunday’s teaching by briefly summarizing the main points of the teaching in your own words, and then discuss as a group:
- What surprised or challenged you in Sunday’s teaching?
- How does your Community Group welcome the messy realness and interruptive needs of each other’s lives?
- In what ways are you tempted toward idealism with community and expecting perfectionism from your community?
- Read Romans 12:9-13. How does this verse inspire your Community Group to step into more?
Exercise in Unhurried Community
No agenda, no direction, just lovingly relax with one another until it’s time to say goodbye.