Singleness & the Kingdom of God: Take Heart (10.07.19)
Opening Prayer of Examen
Shifting your focus to today’s time of seeking God and practicing the way of Jesus, spend 5-10 minutes prayerfully examining your own heart and feelings on the following:
- Ask God: how have you shown yourself to be a witness to my life, watching over me?
- What thoughts, feelings, and experiences do I have about my timeline for my life?
- Jesus, what do you have to say to me?
After reflecting and praying, allow room for a few people in your group to share anything that stood out or surprised them about their time of prayer.
Respond to Sunday’s Teaching
Read Hebrews 12:1-3 and then reflect on this Sunday’s teaching.
Discuss as a group:
- How would you briefly summarize the main points of the teaching in our your own words?
- What surprises or challenges you in the verses from Hebrews?
- What are the places in your life where you both want to run and find yourself most exhausted? What kind of help and encouragement do you want from your community?
- What old habits or patterns of thinking are important for you to leave behind in order to move on to new things in your life with Jesus?
- Who are the people who run with you? What would it practically look like for your group to run the race God has marked for you together?
Intercede in prayer for one another, for those in your lives you know who need prayer, and for God’s will to be done in our city.